1. Ukuleles are a great instrument for beginners and veteran musicians alike. You can just pick one up fairly inexpensively and start strumming.
2. Ryan Gosling plays the ukulele; the ukulele is cool.
3. Kids love them - it’s a great educational thing to experiment with - and they love the noises they make. Whether you have kids of your own or just occasionally have some to visit (grandparents!) a ukulele is the perfect thing to have available to amuse them.
4. They come in loads of colours so you can match your personality or room decor!
5. There are so many tutorial videos on YouTube you can definitely find something you want to learn to play, and chances are it’s fairly easy to play.
6. Ukuleles are small so the chords don’t require too much uncomfortable stretching like on a guitar.
7. Everyone wants to be a rockstar right (even if just a little bit)? With a ukulele you can play rockstars and have fun!
8. The nylon strings are pretty soft so you shouldn’t get sore fingers like you would starting to learn a guitar with steel strings.
9. With a soprano ukulele only measuring 21” long they don’t take up much room - much less than a guitar or a piano or a drum kit but they’re as much of an instrument.
10. You can take a ukulele anywhere - to the park, to the beach, to a music festival, to your friend’s house - and they are so light you won’t even notice you’ve got it on your back or in your bag.
So if you haven’t got one, start searching for your perfect ukulele today.